Sunday, October 31, 2010

"THE" St. JOHN BOSCO FALL FESTIVAL - 2010!


TROUBLE on the LAST BOARD!

Tim, the gentleman at the end of the table where I am standing, played me four games last night. And had me on the ropes in one of them that is for sure!


"Making the rounds"


HOLY SMOKES BATMAN - THAT'S MY PAWN!

Aldo is one of my students and he has quite the character. One day - during one of his classes - the teacher was explaining to the class that whoever won that particular contest would get to have Dinner with the Bishop. Aldo's response? "I know who the Bishop is... he captures the Knight!" That one made the rounds at school!

I want to thank everyone who invited me as a guest and for allowing me to pitch in. As always your chess coach is trying to promote the royal game and despite the numerous other options available to folks during last night's Fall Festival there were a lot of people to entertain and play chess against. I played several members of the general public as well as current and former chess students at the 2010 Fall edition of the St. John Bosco Fall Festival! I had a lot of fun - down below you will find two of my games from this event where I played my former number one student (And STILL number one in my book!) Gabriel - "The Legend" and you will also find the game where Tim had me on the ropes!

BLACK = "The LEGEND!"


WHITE = Coach Sean

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

BLACK = Coach Sean


WHITE = TIM LAWLESS!

Make it a great day - today and every day! - Coach Sean Tobin.

P.S. It was great fun to play former students Nathan, Christopher, Gabriel, Noah and Drew! Thanks for the games everyone! - S.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment